Thursday 20 May 2010

Sakura Sakura

In my first post I’ve recommended to visit Kiyomizu-dera during spring and autumn. As one of the most famous places in Kyoto it is often very crowded, especially during hanami (Cherry blossom viewing) and momijigari (maple leaves viewing). In September this didn’t bother me so much. After arriving in Japan I was satisfied with seeing many places which are characteristic for the county’s history. Back then I felt more like a tourist who has the eager desire to see all the well-known places in the Kansai region. However, after I’ve inured myself to the fact that I’m a temporary-resident, my natural instinct of avoiding crammed places returned. The Kansai region has so much more magical and sometimes even ‘unspoiled’ places to offer. Hence, Kiyomizu-dera is not the only place worth a visit during sakura- and maple leaf time. Here are some impressions of Japan’s changing leaves and its sheer beauty.










Info: The post’s title is referring to a traditional Japanese folksong. Here you find a modern interpretation of Sakura Sakura by ukulele-prodigy Jake Shimabukuro.

No comments:

Post a Comment